I hope you are all well and are staying safe, here are some websites and fitness videos for you to access at home while we are not at school.
Here are 7 evidence-based ways that practicing mindfulness meditation can help children:
- It gives kids the habit of focusing on the present moment and ignoring distractions.
- It teaches them to stay calm in the face of life’s stressful times.
- It creates good habits for the future. When faced with life’s challenges, they know they can find peace by taking a few moments to meditate.
- It promotes happiness by lowering social anxiety and stress.
- It promotes patience.
- It can improve executive functions in their brain like cognitive control, working memory, cognitive flexibility and better grades.
- It can improve attentiveness and impulse control.